Spring Art 6 X 6 Collage

Spring has always been very special time for me. Every year I look forward to planting flowers and growing vegetables. I have been a gardener for years and this will be the first year I do not get to plant a vegetable garden. I couldn't live without having a tomato plant or two so this year I will be a container gardener.

I think because of that I have really been creating a lot of spring time art. Here is a 6 x 6 piece I completed yesterday.

My background is a piece of watercolor paper. I glued some vintage sheet music to it and colored with distress ink. I didn't like the way it looked so I then use some blue gouache paint to color in the sky. Then to make my colors blend from the top of the background to the bottom I colored in with some yellow, red and green watercolor crayons. I used gesso to blend the paints.

I stamped some flowers with black stazon ink before I started painting and to make the flowers pop I then used colored pencils around the edges.

I like to get my backgrounds done before I glue my elements down. It is so much easier to fix something that I don't like if I don;t have to worry about my images getting ruined.

The cute little kewpie and the German scrap barrel of flowers are from Paper Imagery Designs. There is a whole sheet of these cute kewpies in various poses.

The rest of my images are from some sticker sheets I have and the All Natural Beauty stamp is from Autumn Leaves.

Thanks for stopping by!
Arlene

Comments

This just makes me smile and giggle. Such a happy piece.
Halle said…
What a great collage!
Anonymous said…
Ohhhhh, Kewpie The Gardener! How sweet is that! Your backgrounds are awesome, Arlene. I love all you put into them, and just know that the photo barely does them justice. Beautiful!
Eileen

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away