Mixed Media Mosaics By Laurie Mika

 

I just got my hands on a copy of Mixed Media Mosaics Techniques & Projects by Laurie Mika and I have got to tell you this is a great book if your looking to add some dimensional pieces to your mixed media art work.

 

I've made a few things in the past from polymer clay. It's not a material I reach for when I am looking to add a dimensional piece to my art but that is about to change. Laurie shows you how to make some awesome mosaics using  polymer clay, stamps, inks, paint and pearlx. Her mosaics are beautiful. The book is full of hints and tips. The instructions are clear and there are large pictures showing you each step. I love a book with great pictures and this one has them.

I'm not a mosaic kind of person but I can see making some of these projects to use in my mixed media art.

Matter of fact I have already made some word tiles and I will be using them for my Paper Imagery Designs design team challenge that will be in the February  newsletter.

 

She also shows how to make jewelry out of the tiles and I may just use the instructions in her book to make some charms for a charm swap I am hosting on the Paper Imagery Designs yahoo group.

 

Oh by the way if you didn't know it members of the yahoo group get a discount when ordering from the website.

 

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Arlene

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away