Monday, May 17, 2010

Wear Me PID Challenage Art Quilt


It took some will and determination but I finally managed to create some art this weekend. I started on Friday and with all the stops and starts I had to do what with taking care of the family and doing chores I managed to pull together this 5 X 7 mini art quilt.


The challenge on the Paper Imagery Designs yahoo group last week was Wear Me. The theme was to creat a piece of art that could be worn or was of something worn. I have been admiring the vintage shoe sheet since it made it's way to my house almost a month ago. 

I knew I had to use it in a piece of fabric art. At first I thought I would make an atc, then after I made the transfer I decided a 4 x 6 would be better. Then the more I thought about it I though you know what? I am going to do a 5 x 7. And the 5 x 7 size worked out perfect for what I had brewing around in my mind.

When I first started pulling out my stash of fabric and trims I was thinking Marie Antoinette. Pink and  frilly but as I started putting it together I decided to tone it down a bit. I love the way it turned out because it is not so over the top and I wanted the shoe transfer to be the focal image. Too much lace would have taken away from the fabric transfer of the shoe.


So what do you think?

Arlene

5 comments:

Tami said...

beautiful!!!! hang it in addison's room!!!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Wow! It's darling! I love that you use fabric as a medium. I might have to experiment with some.

Thanks for following me on BlogFrog!

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful!!!

I'm a new follower of your awesome blog.

Have a nice day!

Chakatoria said...

Awesome. I'm also a new follower and I can't wait to see more of your work.

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

~Sophisticate Style ~ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. yes, definitely a fine piece of artwork. LOVE IT

 
Web Analytics