Not Wordless Wednesday



So I missed wordless Wednesday yesterday. I have been having some computer issues this week. I am not sure if I have the problem fixed or the computer gods are playing a cruel trick on me. After many hours of trying to figure the problem out I started uninstalling some new programs. I'm not sure if that fixed the problem or not but my computer is running at the moment and since I don't want to jinx myself I will move on to another subject.

The picture above is what the corner of my kitchen table looks like at the moment. I am working with fabric as you can see. Many moons before I started playing with paper and mixed media I did fabric crafts. I've made quilts and cute little sachets and cute little fabric ornaments. I made whatever I felt like in other words. I have always collected fabric and sewing things.  I have boxes and boxes of lace trims, seam bindings, thread, and sewing notions. Most of the time I can't find half of it because it is put away.

So I am working on a mini art quilt for my Paper Imagery Designs monthly DT challenge. Which is late because the first piece I made I fell in love with and thought it would be perfect for CPS's 2010 Calender call for art. ( Scroll to the bottom of the page for the info)  Melissa , owner of Paper Imagery Designs  was kind enough to give me another week to make something else.

Like most of the art I create one piece never gets finished in one sitting. And I am constanly wondering about something as I start and stop working on my piece. Sometimes I have to stop because I NEED to go to bed. Most of the time I have to stop working because I have to take care of my family or clean SOMETHING. I'm sure you know what I mean. I do not sell my art. So for me it is a hobby and has to be put on the back burner when there are family things to be taken care of. Yes I wish I could lock myself in a studio and work none stop but I can't. For one thing I have no studio : (

For those artists that actually make a living at what they love that is possible but for me it is not. So this leads me to what I have been thinking about a lot lately.

I often wonder how different a piece of my art might have turned out had I had the opportunity to work on it non stop from start to finish. I know as I am working on a piece I have an idea then I have to stop working and I forget what I was planning on doing. Maybe it is my age lol. I am not sure but you know how you get an idea and then something calls your attention away from what your doing and poof the idea is gone.

Now I am sure I could lay out my idea with all my materials and snap a digi pic but you know what that is never going to happen. I don't have the time for all that. So I forgot the idea I had. Maybe it wasn't a very good idea to begin with. Maybe it was an awesome idea who knows. Maybe I am going to come up with an even better idea and this is my muse's way of working an idea around in my head. I don't know for sure but I thought I would share one of the reoccuring thoughts I have about how I create my art.

Thanks for stopping by!
Arlene

Comments

Unknown said…
Arlene!
You're rockin girl. I love all the projects you have shown. You've come a long way baby! Your blog and your work is spectacular! I'm so impressed and jealous! Keep it up girl, you're inspiring me!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away