Weekly Challenges & Make your elements pop technique

Do you enjoy challenges? Sometimes I do and then sometimes I don't.
One of the recent challenges I participated in on the PID yahoo group was grunge. I've never set out to make a piece of "grunge" art before but after spending some time on google I realized that some of the art I create could fit well in the grunge category.

Here is an atc I made for the grunge challenge. I recently bought a set of Gouache paints for an unbelievable price and I wanted to see how they worked. The halo of color you see around the vintage woman is made with two colors of the Gouache paint.

Here is a 4 x 4 that I made for the button themed challenge a few weeks ago.

Have you ever made a piece of art and thought to yourself that your images just fade into the background? Your happy with the background so you don't think that's the problem. So what can you do?

What I like to do is use a charcoal pencil to outline the elements of the page like I did with my button challenge 4 x 4 below. There are a few ways to use this technique. Simply outline your elements and take a look. Do you love the way it looks? If you do then your good to go.

The next thing you can do is smudge the charcoal with either your finger tip, a stump or a q-tip. Each method will give you a different look so be sure to try them all out to see which one is your favorite.


Thanks for stopping by!
Arlene

Comments

Gaby Bee said…
This ATC is really terrific!
Gaby xo
Hi Arlene ~ gorgeous work here again! The coloration on this piece in particular is striking.

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away