Art Journal Page in Progress

Journal_9s

Art journaling has had an explosion of interest in the past year. Or at least on the groups I belong to I have seen allot of people becoming interested in it. There are a few blogs out there doing daily prompts and challenge. I really don't know how the people who participate get anything done besides their journal page for the day. I can not finish a page a day and that could be because my art journal is a whopping 8 x 11 inches big.

My journal is a cheap sketch book I bought at Borders. I glue music sheets, dictionary pages, book pages, scrapbook paper, tissue paper, dress pattern paper or packing paper to the pages and then depending on my mood I paint, ink or gesso the pages. I usually do about 5 sets of pages at a time. This method reinforces the thin sketch paper so it can take the abuse of painting or inking. It also gives me an interesting background that is ready to go when the mood strikes me to work in my journal.

The above picture is from a page that I created using Kelly Rae Roberts Taking Flight book as inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by!

Arlene

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE THIS! YOU INSPIRE ME!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away