Technique Fat Book Swap

Are you like me? I have so many things I want to blog about that I just don't know where to begin. And do I want to write a huge post covering everything? Or do I break it up and post a couple of post in one day? And then you know what happens? I just don't post anything to my blog.
So I have just finished up one of the biggest swaps ever. On my arttechniques yahoo group I participated in a 4 x 4 fatbook technique swap. Technique swaps are great because you get to see and feel so many different techniques that you may have not done before. And even if you have done it before when someone else has done it they can get a very different look then you did when you did the same technique.
When I signed up for this swap I was prepared to do 20 or 30 or even 50 pages in this swap just to get my hands on all those techniques. Well we ended up with over 100 people signing up for the swap. It just kept getting bigger and bigger. Finally Sherre and Susan who are hosting the swap put a cap on it at 120 participants.
My technique for the swap is acrylic glaze. It is one of the easier background techniques but with this simple technique you can get so many different looks. You could do this background technique for each and everyone one of your art projects and never, never ever make two backgrounds that are the same.
I don't have a picture of my 4 x 4's yet but before I mail them this week I will take a picture.
Sometime in the future look for a tutorial on this technique on my blog. Susan and Sherre thought it would be a great idea for everyone in the swap to post their techniques to their blogs for the rest of the group who didn't get to join in the swap.
Thanks for stopping by!
Arlene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away