Soldered Charms

Back in September I got a soldering kit for my birthday. I had planned on making Christmas Ornaments but for one reason or another never got around to making them. It's probably a good thing because soldering is not something you master in one day. I haven't had a chance to practice since I bought the kit so this past weekend I decided I would drag out my soldering suitcase as Sally Jean would say and get to work.



My good friend Heidi over at Everyday Cookies At Sweet Woodruff Acres was the first person to solder some scrabble tiles. Hers turned out so great that I wanted to try my hand at making some scrabble charms myself.



If you get a chance to hop on over to Heidi's blog. She's posted some beautiful Valentine's stuff she has been working on.

Below are the charms I made. As you can see I have not got the hang of attaching the jump rings correctly. I am going to have to practice some more and figure out how to get those tiny little jump rings centered.





And even though my solder is not perfectly smooth I am happy with how these turned out. It does get better with practice!

Thanks for stopping by
Arlene




Comments

Heidi said…
Arlene, Your soldered Scrabble tiles are perfect! You did great! I love your choice of letters! I have a hard time with the jump rings too. (I never know if I should put the jump ring parallel or perpendicular to the tile!) Very nice! I love soldering and I see you do too!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away