Gothic Arches






Gothic Arches are floating all over the internet these days. My arches were made for a weekly challenge on Belinda's Mixed Media Art yahoogroup.

As I was searching the internet just to see what other artists had done with an arch template I came across a couple of blogs that were participating in a weekly Gothic Arch Challenge. Here is a blog where you can find the details

I also came across Belinda Sneider's page on a gothic arch book she and some her friends made using a new set of stamps. Check it out to read the details.






Here is a before and after shot of my gothic arch. I really love this image and if you participated in Belinda's 3 x 3 swap a few months ago you may have recieved one of my 3x3's with this image or a similar image.

When I was done I was happy with my arch but felt it needed a little something else. So I used a graphite pencil to outline the images and smudged it up. I'm not sure which way I liked it better.

Here is another arch I did. I've use this Mona Lisa image alot in my art work. There is just something about her I find fascinating. It could be because I read Dan Brown's book The DaVinci Code.







Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful arch !!!!!!!!!!!
Heidi said…
I've seen the arches all over too, but haven't tried any! Your Mona Lisa is lovely! My blogger pal, elizabeth would love it! She's a Mona fanatic!
Kim said…
Your arches are lovely (and I like the graphite pencil , it creates excellent contrast so the images pop). The DaVinci Code was Such a good book too - the first I'd read in a long while that really grabbed me! You've got some wonderful art , glad I found you!
ScaryCheri said…
I like the penciled in look too. It seems to add that little something. The Mona is great. The words do seem to fit her to a tee. Awesome Art. Hugz, Scary

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away