Father Time Collage


Last week while I was suppose to be working on the "Line" collage exercise in the yahoo collagecomposition group I was working on this piece. I have titled it Father Time. I was in a very morbid mood the day I made this. And as I was looking through my folders of images for something to use in the "Line" exercise I ran across this image and decided I felt like doing a transfer. I thought about using the piece for my "Line" exercise but I haven't sent it in.

Once I found the image my piece came together quickly. I'm sure this happens to a lot of other people as they work on their art. I am always happiest with the pieces that just come together. I had no idea what I was going to do but once the transfer was down BAM I was throwing things together. You really can't tell from the photo but there is a piece of transparency over the top. I dabbed some Ranger Alcohol Ink down on it and this very cool pattern emerged. It reminds me of old water stains and really completes the piece.

I joined the collage composition group in hopes of learning the correct way to collage. But I am having a hard time with the exercises. I have not done the "Line" one from last week and there has been another one posted already. Participation is a must in this group. I am usually a lurker on most of my groups so I don't know if I am going to stay with the group. We'll see.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away