Pretty Little Things By Sally Jean Alexander




It is not often that I buy at book at full price. Last night I ran up to the new Borders Book store just to get out of the house. I have been cooped up for 6 days straight since my kids got out of school for Spring break. So I went out with my youngest daughter Audrey to see if any new Somerset magazines had come out. I picked through the slim selection of paper crafting books and found Sally Jean's book
"Pretty Little Things". I had already put a copy on hold at my public library because to be honest money is tight and I knew I would not be able to buy the book.

After my daughter found a couple of books to look at I took Sally Jeans book and a couple of other books over to the childrens section to browse through as my daughter read the book she had choosen. I flipped through the pages of the other two books I had and quickly put them aside to look through Pretty Little Things. I fell in love with the book immediatly.

The book is one of the best craft books I have seen in a long time. It is full of gorgeous pictures of the trinkets she makes. The pictures of her studio are to die for. After reading the personal comments she had written about why she makes the things she makes I feel as though I know her. She adds personal comments to almost every page page. Her instructions are clear and precise. I have never used a soldering iron in my life and I feel as though I could run right out, buy one and make each of the pieces she has written about in her book.

Of course I bought the book. I don't know if I will ever make any of the beauiful trinkets but who knows maybe I will. I know I will enjoy looking at the book over and over again for inspiration. If you were thinking about buying it and just never got around to it I suggest you do it is well worth the money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away