Dream


I have been working on this piece of altered art since I found this cabinet card photograph a little over a week ago. I don't know who she is but when I look at it I feel as though this young girl has something to say to me. What I'm not sure. Is she bored? Is she lonely? Does she have a secret? Or is she just tired of waiting for the photographer to hurry up and take the picture?


I decided to make this piece as a sort of tribute to my great great grandmother Olga Diehl who immigrated from Germany in 1892. She was only four years old when she traveled with her family across the ocean looking for a better life in New York City. I don't have a picture of her as a child. I wish I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journaling

Lemon Balm Dye

International Charm Day Give Away